Re: Dave Cinege and Paul Wade

On Fri, 22 Aug 97 21:49 PDT, Bruce Perens wrote:

>I sent this message to Dave Cinege and Paul Wade yesterday.
>
>> From bruce Fri Aug 22 00:39:12 1997
>> To: dcinege@psychosis.com, paulwade@greenbush.com
>> Subject: you and debian-user
>>
>> Paul and Dave,
>>
>> When I return from the i386 ABI meeting tomorrow, I would like to see users
>> help postings on debian-user, not your whining. I have been incredibly
>> tolerant today considering what ungracious assholes you have both been.
>> Debian does not need either of you or your projects.
>>
>> Do not ever expect any help from me of any kind again. You've blown that,
>> and forever.
>>
>> 	Bruce Perens
>> --
>
>As you can see, Dave hasn't removed his sorry excuse for dialog from
>debian-user. What do you suggest I do, guys?

You are turning this into a completly personal thing Bruce, where it started out as
just a generic complaint. Its obvious to me why, because you are directly
responcible for what I'm complaining about, but playing games like this is only going
to escalate things...

You do not own Debian, Bruce. It is not your determination what people Debian
needs, and what projects Debian will allow. Debian is GPL, not a company headed
by Jesus H Perens, though with how your actions of late have been I think you may
well have forgotten this.

I'm not spamming the list, and it takes more then 1 person to have a thread; others
are obviously interested in what is being discussed. Just because you don't like the
topic is TOO BAD!! Since there is not a more approprate list for this, I will continue
to post as I see fit on this topic.

If you throw your proverbeal weight to have me bumped I'll just keep resubscibing
under different accounts. I'm not going let some punk push me around just because
he claims some title to do so. I don't allow it in real.life and I'm not going to allow it
with a *supposedly* free software project that I have come to dearly love.