Re: Problem with mtab?

Hello Heikki,

> [cut]
>   #
>   # Remount rootfs rw (default), but do not try to change mtab because it
>   # is on a ro fs until the remount succeeded.  Then clean up old mtabs and
>   # finally write the new mtab.
>   #
>   mount -n -o remount,rw /
>   rm -f /etc/mtab~ /etc/nologin
>   : > /etc/mtab
>   mount -o remount,rw /
>   mount /proc
> [cut]
> So according to this, /etc/init.d/boot should take care of removing /etc/mtab~
> during the boot.

It is what I thought but it doesn't delete /etc/mtab~ because this file is
present when I log in as root....

> The /etc/init.d/boot file I have comes with sysvinit version 2.71-2 that was
> installed with Debian 1.3.

Mine is 2.69-1 : I will try to update....

Thanx,

Sylvain.

Sylvain Briole                          | SysOp d'Eclice B.B.S.
EMail InterNet : sbriole@mail.dotcom.fr | +33-3-20137288
NetMail FidoNet : 2:322/20              | Lille - Nord - France
NetMail FrancoMedia : 101:176/114       |
Eclice sur I.R.C.                       |