Problem with mtab?

Hello all,

I use Debian 1.2/Linux 2.0.29.
I have three partitions on my hard disk :

/dev/hda1 : linux
/dev/hda2 : linux swap
/dev/hda3 : ms-dos 6.22

And I have a problem with the mount command :

nathalie# mount /hda3/
can't lock lock file /etc/mtab~: timed out

So, I delete /etc/mtab~ and it runs.
But, I have to delete this mtab~ at each boot.
I have three computer running Debian, and it is the only one with this
problem.

Any idea?

Sylvain.

Sylvain Briole                          | SysOp d'Eclice B.B.S.
EMail InterNet : sbriole@mail.dotcom.fr | +33-3-20137288
NetMail FidoNet : 2:322/20              | Lille - Nord - France
NetMail FrancoMedia : 101:176/114       |
Eclice sur I.R.C.                       |