Re: Java

In message <[🔎] 335F987F.78F1650@oz.net> you wrote:
>I wish to be able to enable Java support in Netscape 3.01 without it
>crashing whenever I try a java site. Is there a patch or fix for this?
>I've noticed that when I do a "Make Xconfig" to build a kernel the
>selection to enable java support (CONFIG_BINFMT_JAVA) is grayed out. Do
>I need to change something in kernel sources?

You need to answer yes to "prompt for experimental drivers" (or something
like that), then you can compile java binfmt module.  It has nothing to with
Netscrape, though.

Here's my /usr/X11R6/bin/nescape:

#!/bin/sh
MALLOC_CHECK_=0
NPX_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/.netscape/plugins:/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins
XNLSPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls
XKEYSYMDB=/usr/local/netscape/XKeysymDB
export MALLOC_CHECK_ NPX_PLUGIN_PATH XNLSPATH XKEYSYMDB
exec /usr/local/netscape/netscape "$@"

-- same as in debian netscape installer package (in contrib.)
Change paths to reflect your setup.

Dimitri