Re: gcc

> On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Daniel J. Mashao wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Seth Reinosa wrote:
> >
> > > I have looked but have not seemed to find in the man gcc page how to
> > > extract data from a document into a program.
> > > Please help.
> > What do you mean?
> > If you mean
> > 	1) To read data from a file.
> > 		Then you need to buy a simple C book
> > 		and learn about 'fopen()' and file pointers.
> > 	2) To scan a document. Then you need to buy a C book too.
> > 		The gcc man pages do not teach how to program in C. They
> > 		assume you already know C and give you more options.
> >
> > If you are in school it should be easy to find someone who knows C and who
> > can help you with your problem. Gcc is like any C compiler. There are no
> > special commands you have to know in general.
> >
> > /************************************************************************/
> > D.J. Mashao,                         mashaodj@sunserver.engin.brown.edu,
> >

> well there is a command in VMS that lets me do it for each run of a
> program.
> I am trying to do the same in Linux.
>

> <seth@eznet.net>

Perhaps you could describe a little more verbose what this command does?

If it's inserting data into a document this has more to do with the editor
you are using, not gcc.

For example, inserting a file into a document that you editing with emacs,
press "C-x i" and enter file name.

Or if you want to feed the data in a file into your program then it's more
to do with the shell.

In tcsh shell (and bash I think) you do "./my_program <my_data_file".

Glueless,

							MartinS