Re: Unable to FTP to debian box

Hello,

According to Niels:

> On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 schulte@uni-wuppertal.de wrote:
>
> >    530 User schulte access denied.
>
> Probable solution:
> 	Put your shell in /etc/shells, wu-ftpd is picky about that.

This was it! However, it is a little more complicated story...
I use tcsh, even as root. So I copied tcsh from /usr/bin to /bin,
changed /etc/passwd for users schulte and root, but forgot to mention
/etc/shells; there was still a line with /usr/bin/tcsh ....

Yes, I shall write 1000 lines with "I shall not move debian installed
files to odd places..." On the other hand, it may become very uncomfortable
to be root and having your login shell not in the root file system.

> Hope this helps!

Yes, it works fine now. Thanks to you and all who helped.

> 	Niels

Bye  KWS
--
                             O##O            O##O     O##O           O##O
==The famous "Schwebebahn"====AA==suspension==AA=======AA===railway===AA====