Re: .xinitrc

Rick Hawkins wrote:

> one more, probably minor thing:  with it set up for xdm, it ignores the
> .xinitrc file in my home directory.  am i missing something obvious?
>
> rick

I ran into this.  Reading /etc/X11/Xsession told me enough to
fix it.

Edit /etc/X11/config and add the following lines:
allow-user-resources
allow-user-modmap
allow-user-xsession

I think this should be concidered a bug.  These lines should
already be present and the sysadmin can remove one or more of
them in very unusual cases where that might be desired.

David M. Cooke                                   d.m.cooke@larc.nasa.gov