Problem with psnfss.

I installed all the psnfss related packages on my system, and tried to
LaTeX a simple file using the times package.  LaTeXing, dvipsing, and
printing the file worked fine, but when I went to try to use xdvi to
view the file, I got the following error:

% xdvi label-tmp
kpathsea: Running MakeTeXPK pagk8r 300 300 1+0/300 CanonCX
Running MakeTeXPK pagk8r 300 300 1+0/300 CanonCX
mv: pagk8r.300pk: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/MakeTeXPK: Could not mv pagk8r.300pk /var/spool/texmf/fonts/pk/ps2pk/p.
mv: pktmp.6702: No such file or directory
chmod: pagk8r.300pk: No such file or directory
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
xdvi: Can't find font pagk8r; using cmr10 instead at 300 dpi.
%

I looked at MakeTexPK, and it's definitely sending a bad parameter
list to ps2pk, but I was not shell script savy enough to tell if this
was a bug or a problem with my environment variables.

Is this a bug that I should report, or is there some further
configuration that I have to do?  I checked the bug logs, but didn't
see anything relevant...

Thanks
--
Rob