Can not boot kernel-2.0.27 with apt2840.

System: 486,
scsi: apt2840, external 4G and 700M disks.
cdrom: eide

The debian kernel 2.027 crashes on the aic7xxx controller.
I have no problems booting from none debian kernels.

What I need is some one to make a boot floppy without! the non eide
cdrom stuff. I have tested making kernel with this and only the aic7xxx
scsi driver. It boots fine the problem is, its just to complicated to
create a debian kernel from redhat is the a reason the rc.d files are
located in different locations???

Also through I like the package approach. I wonder why the linux
standard includes all the package files in system file locations??

Looking at the dpkg-deb command I don't thing it would be too difficult
to drop them into package subdirectories. And from the lists of install
packages create an expaned PATH by/for /etc/profile. I believe this
could all be done with out changing the packages in anyway. The
advantage is more modular packages which are easier to clean up if the
install scripts fail. Also packages could be exported more easily
without requiring exporting all of /usr which in my oppinion is NOT a
good idea.

-Tim.

-Tim.