Re: cron

On Nov 20, kaneda@ozemail.com.au (Fundamental) wrote:
> my crontabs wont run ...?
>
> i login as root, type crontab -e and they come up, but they dont run ... am
> i doing something wrong? or is there another way of doing cronjobs on debian
> 1.1 ?

Nope, I screwed up the postinstall when I converted to the new source
format, and cron doesn't get started automatically.

Try these two commands to correct the problem:

update-rc cron defaults
/etc/init.d/cron start

I'll be able to upload a corrected package after 12/28/96.

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

			       "If a man chooses to do evil... it becomes my
				sacred duty to bash him to a pulp."
[Crime Crusher, an old 40's pulp superhero]