Re: package sizes

Thanks to those who have taken the time to reply to my
earlier query (included below). My situation is that I
am downloading onto a non-linux (and so (?) no dpkg)
system, and from there (with some effort) on to my linux
box. I would like to be able to browse the ftp site and
find out how big a package is going to be once it is installed
*before* having to download it.
I definitely know how to find out how big the .deb file is, as
is stated in the Packages files. But I'd like the same sort of
information as is available in the contrib.Packages file.
I appreciate that those with massive hard
drives may not be so interested, so if there is no easier way
than using the ftp option then so be it...

Cheers,

Tony Ware.

a.f.ware@durham.ac.uk