Re: Is this a virus?

No, it is not a virus, although I think that code fragement is now
obsolete. Ian Murdock wrote that to run a configure script the first
time the system boots after being installed. I think I hacked inittab
or something to start the configure script without waiting for the login
prompt in 1.1 , which obsoleted that code. If it is still in the base
system, I will remove it.

My hack removes itself after it runs, so that there is no possibility to
take advantage of it as a trojan horse later on.

	Thanks

	Bruce