AAAH!! Diald again!!

I once had diald working on my system, then it crashed. I had a bad HDD and
replaced it, and I've got it all working again... Except diald. I know it's
a functional program, I had it working before.

The PPP options file has everything disabled. Diald is being run like this:

diald /dev/ttys1 -m ppp local 192.168.0.50 remote 192.168.0.51 defaultroute
modem crtscts connect 'chat -v ""ATDT####### CONNECT "" ogin: mylogname word:
mypassword' dynamic -daemon

This is all contained in a file used to start diald when it's needed, since
there are times when I'd rather not have it running (it shares a fax line
with another system).

When it's run, it produces an interesting error:

[4781]  running pppd
[4781]  connect script failed
[4781]  waiting 30 seconds for clear to redial

Anybody have any ideas as to how to get rid of this? Like I said, I once had
it working, and I really like it when it works. But for now, it's frustrating
as all get out.

All help greatly appreciated,

Tim

  I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED!

  tjobrien@traveller.com      <-- (Primary email)