Re: Installation via a modem?

 > Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 08:13:51 -0000
 > From: DERR <jjdfri@txdirect.net>
 > Subject: Installation via a modem?
 >
 > Is installation possible over a modem via an ISP? I'd really like to
 > give Debian a try, but I can't afford a CD-ROM, and I don't have the
 > patience to make a zillion floppies.

You can successfully install debian via ftp and modem, though
perhaps not how you would expect to be able to do it.  I didn't
find the debian installation procedure entirely intuitive; I
found a few rough edges there, that could be confusing to a
Linux novice.  I'd be happy to correspond with you privately on
the subject.

Christopher W. Hafey
tingri@ntplx.net               | 1078 New Britain Ave Apt 217
WA1TNR since 1974              | W Hartford Ct USA 06110-2434
http://www.ntplx.net/~tingri   | tel. 860-236-5400