Re: color ls

At 2:40 PM -0500 10/25/96, Bruce Perens wrote:
>To get color ls, use the command
>
>	alias ls="ls --color=auto"
>
>That's for "sh" and "bash". If you use "csh" or "tcsh" use
>
>	alias ls "ls --color=auto"
>
>- Bruce

I've been wondering how to do this, too... So I tried it, and it doesn't
work. It gives me an error message "ls: unrecognized option
'--color=auto'". Admittedly, I haven't gotten much installed past the
standard floppy installation; is there some dependency or later version of
ls that we need?

Thanks,

jason gerry