Re: Installation blues...

Dennis wrote:

> Greetings Debian People!
>
> I put in the boot disk and get:
>
> Boots the kernel .... [other stuff blows along the screen]
>
> then I get:
>
> VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into ramdisk and press enter
>
> In goes the root disk and I get:
>
> RAM DISK: compressed image found at block 0 invalid compressed format
> (err=2)<5> VFS: Insert root floppy and press enter
>
> If I hit enter again I get a bunch of stuff (MS-DOS FS Rel. 12,...) and finally:
>
> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:00
>
> Then it is time to reboot.
>
> Anyone have some advice for me on how to get by the root disk stage of the
> installation?  TIA!
>
> Dennis

Did you format your floppy before putting the root image on it?  If that
doesn't work, I would suggest trying a different floppy.

Hope this helps,
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
#include <MyBiasedOpinions.h>

cmwatts@telepath.com
Linux - Why use windows when there is a door?
Uptime(LinuxSystemDoingTaskA) >= Uptime(WindowsSystemNotDoingADamnThing)
(c) 1996 Christian Watts Redistribution via the Microsoft Network
Prohibited.