beta 1.1 problems with 3c503 and the debian search system.

The search system has not responded tonight while I was searching
for a solution to this problem.

I have just installed the root and base diskettes and performed
a basic configuration of v 1.1 on a raw system.  I have a 3com 3c503
ethernet card that is apparently not recognized.  I seem to recall
a previous posting on 3c503 card problems with beta 1.1.

another question(s): what good is an extensive mailing list archive if the
search system does not work?  Also, why do the debian archives seem
to have so much trouble?  is it growing pains or otherwise?

(yes, i know this is a volunteer organization, but i also really want
to use debian, not just play with it!)

| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: fea@ornl.gov | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |
| out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the      |
| leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |