Re: Checking if the network is up

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:

> The question is:
>
> Is there any way of checking whether the network is responding so that I only
> run popclient when it is?

I wrote a series of scripts to handle this (however a virus infected my
partition table - am still re-installing), basically it involved creating
a lock file when the network is up (in the ppp-connect script), and
removing it in the ppp-off script. Then just check if the file is there
in the popclient script. If you want my scripts I'll mail them to you
once I finish re-installing.

-- Run.exe
First Law of the Universe:
    No law applies to ALL of the Universe