Re: Supra 288i Sp Modem

Well, I have a Supra 288i modem although it's not speakerphone. I think
the problem with plug and play stuff is that it's kind of undefined until
the operating system tells it what irq and port to use. I also have dos
and windows (Not Win95) on my system, and I first boot into dos to let
the dos device driver that came with the modem to set the port and irq (I
used other software that came with it to force it to pick the io port and
irq that I wanted it to use), and then once I get a dos prompt, I
control-alt-delete and go into linux with lilo, and the modem keeps the
values that it's been set with, and works under linux. There may be
better support for plug and play stuff for linux out there, but I don't
have it if there is. If anybody knows a better way to do this, I'd be
most appreciative to know it...

							Shawn