Re: Printing to Windoze Printer on Local MS Network?

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> Hi.  I've got a new 1.1 machine which is on a local network which
> includes a Win '95 printserver with no IP address.  Does anyone
> know how to set up printing to such a machine?  Will samba allow
> printing to a machine with no IP address?

I guess not, but I'm not sure.  I'm now printing with Samba to a Windows
NT server which, in fact, does have an IP address.  That works really
fine.  However, I made some experiments this days with a little local
network of PCs, and only those Windows machines with TCP/IP running and
with a DNS (or /etc/hosts) entry, were reachable from Linux.  By the way,
Win95 includes TCP/IP, so it may be just a matter of configuring it,
provided of course that you are authorized to do so...

Regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co