dselect

I think I've got all the files now to upgrade to 1.1, but before I start
I have a couple of questions. When I initially installed the stable version
I managed to get it done, but I stumbled a bit with dselect. Does dselect
expect the Packages file to reflect what files are available, or should it
left intact?

When removing packages with dselect are the selected packages removed or
retained?  I had a bad experience with this. Dselect evidently worked
differently than I thought it would, and took a large bite out of my
system before I could get to the control C.

Thanks,

Steve Millard