Re: nvi changes xterm settings...

  Dale> Anyone have any ideas how to fix this "feature", or any
  Dale> recommendations for a better vi clone?

Emacs with the VIP vi-emulation. Once you drop the emulation, you get a real
editor.

Just kidding. I have been plagued by this line wrapping problem too. My
solution is to have lynx, ncftp, ... all pop-up from fvwm in their own
windows. Once the job is finished, the screwed-up window disappears.

I am eagerly awaiting Mike's new set of ncurses libs --- a new upstream
version that supposedly fixes this problem. Soon at a mirror new you...

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd