Re: New Markets

Lars Wirzenius:
> Rick Macdonald:

[snip]

>> I hope everyone agrees that a numbered release shouldn't ever be
>> changed after it's released. Oops, I don't thnk this was the way
>> 0.93R6 was handled..

> My feelings also.

> "I have Debian 0.93R6 on CD-ROM.  Is that a good version?"
> "Which version do you have?"
> "Like I said, 0.93R6."
> "I mean, which version of 0.93R6?"
> "I don't know, are there many?"
> "I'm afraid so"
> "Hm, I think I'll go with Red Hat instead.  Thanks."

"Hello, this is Yoyodyne Technical Support, may I help you?"
"I can't get your software to run under Debian 0.93R6.  Your product
box says you support it."
"Well, which version of 0.93R6?"
"Uh, the latest."
"Well, that was before they changed what was 0.93R6."
"Wow, Debian sucks."
"Yeah.  We're dropping support in the next release."

Jay Carlson
nop@nop.com    nop@ccs.neu.edu    nop@kagoona.mitre.org

Flat text is just *never* what you want.   ---stephen p spackman