Re: New Markets

Rick Macdonald:
> Where do people put "anything-goes updates" during the one
> month of "bug-fixes-only updates"? Just hold them back?

Yes.  Instead of doing radical new things, they should concentrate on
making existing stuff work really, really well.

Of course, if there are very few problems, there is no point in not
releasing the new stable version sooner than one month.

This is similar to what Linus uses for the kernel.  When he doesn't
get exited about new features and forgets about his "code freeze".

> I hope everyone agrees that a numbered release shouldn't ever be changed
> after it's released. Oops, I don't thnk this was the way 0.93R6 was handled..

My feelings also.

"I have Debian 0.93R6 on CD-ROM.  Is that a good version?"
"Which version do you have?"
"Like I said, 0.93R6."
"I mean, which version of 0.93R6?"
"I don't know, are there many?"
"I'm afraid so"
"Hm, I think I'll go with Red Hat instead.  Thanks."