Re: New Markets

> But Debian 0.93R6 took a long time coming, and it wasn't ELF when it
> came.  Version 1.1 is still not out (I remember someone saying something
> about an April 15 public beta day?), and it's long overdue.  From a
> public relations standpoint, at least.

>From a public relations standpoint - yes.  But...

> It would be a good idea to see if a new, quicker development cycle or
> paradigm could be started after 1.1.  Or at least one that looks quicker
> -- in the competition of the hears of Linuxers, looks, feel, and hearsay
> are about the most important weapons.

FWIW, I don't mind the apparently slower pace of Debian development.  What
I *really* like about Debian is how well thought out it is and how solid
it is.   If you sacrifice quality for getting things out the door faster,
then one of my main reasons for having switched to Debian disappears.
Perhaps the public relations efforts should stress this part of the picture.

Best regards,

                                   Nick

Nick Busigin                                                nick@xwing.org