Re: Color-ls package nearly ready for release, but I need...

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Richard Kettlewell wrote:

> >I believe that color ls comes with a program called dircolors or something
> >like that. Then you typically run eval `dircolors` in your .profile and
> >vdir gets aliased to ls -li.
>
> Can this be made to work for all possible shells?  What if you run one
> of these programs from a cron job or in a shell script and .profile
> hasn't been run?

No idea; on my system (which has colour ls installed, as a binary and
configuration file copied from my old Slackware installation), there's
no `dircolors' at all, so I'm not sure what's being talked about...

It seems to work fine without dircolors, though :-)

(S)
--
Caius College, Cambridge CB2 1TA, UK                   <osd1000@cam.ac.uk>
http://myrddin.chu.cam.ac.uk/users/osd1000/ <osd1000@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk>