Re: Debian backup tool?

  Lars Wirzenius writes:
  Lars>  I've seen someone mention a Debian backup tool.  Is it still in
  Lars> development?  Can anyone point me at anything that I can read about
  Lars> it?

/debian/project/experimental/dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.deb
/debian/project/experimental/dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.tar.gz

Last time I tried, it was *really slow*. It took several hours on a Pentium
with about 350 MB on all filesystems to create a list of files to backup,
nothing more could be done with dbackup at that stage.

I plan to release "tob" for Debian one day (I use it on my box for about 16
months now), but it's author just won't get back to me on some proposed
changes (mostly FSSTND compliance). Guess I'll just do them myself, and make
clear it's a debianised version so that people sue me and not him for
failures. Tob could be hacked to accomodate the result of dbackup, ie a list
of files that need to be backed up.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd