"Dynamic Disk Overlay": do debian boot and root ...

Are debian's boot and root disks able to deal with Ontrack "Dynamic
Disk Overlay" used on large IDE drives?

This is probably not the correct newsgroup for this question, and I
apologize for getting off the subject.  I am trying to install Linus
on a friend's machine, and have gotten stuck: Slackware installation
disks and fdisk are unable to deal with the apparent proprietary
format of the 700MB Hard drive.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
FOr my next experiment I will try debian boot and root disks.

Alan Davis
adavis@saba.kuentos.guam.net