[no subject]

I have a 1.0G IDE disk. (Micropolis 2210A)  I am told that there should be
no problem for linux fdisk to partition the clinders above 1024.  So long as
the boot partition remains below 1024.  I am running Debian (its really great
folks - good work).

Is there something special about Debian that causes this problem?

I don't really believe there is, but I am running out of possibilities.

When I try to use cylinders above 1024, fdisk indicates that partition logical
beginnings and endings do not match physical beginnings and endings.
partition4: cyl 1025 to cyl 1891   Phys: (63,15,1023) to (63,15,866)

Any ideas?

(I'll even accept suggestions to go to SCSI but then I would appreciate a
controller card suggestion (I have a VLB IDE card now, and one other IDE
harddisk for DOS ) please).

Thanks,

Bob