Re: [ok] Licencia Mysql

j0rd1 adame dijo [Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:45:03AM -0600]:
> >  entonces no es open source ! :(
> >
> Claro que si es OpenSource, sino no estaría en la arbol "main" de debian. Sólo
> tienen esa idea que es más que válida, al igual que muchas otras aplicaciones
> tienen licencias duales.
>
> Sería mejor cambiar la idea:
> esto lo escuche del mismísimo creador de MySQL cuando vino a México
>
> Si no ganas dinero, no nos des dinero; Si ganas dinero paga una licencia

Puede haberlo dicho quien quieras, pero el proyecto no le hace caso.

http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing.html

    In Brief

    This is our licensing policy in brief: Our software is 100% GPL, and
    if yours is also 100% GPL (or OSI compliant), then you never have to
    pay us for the licences. In all other instances, you are better served
    by our commercial licence. Read the details below!
    Licensing

    MySQL software is licensed under the GPL license. The formal terms of
    the GPL license can be found in the GNU General Public License section
    of the MySQL Reference Manual.

    MySQL is also available under commercial non-GPL license. For pricing
    and ordering information, see our online store
    (...)

Saludos,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366