Re: startx y los users

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 06:35:51PM +0200, J. Parera wrote:

> P.D.
>  la nueva versión de XFree me parece mejor (a más crea los modelines
> justos), por ahora, el único inconveniente que he tenido es que no me ha
> creado el enlace con el server. Hasta que no he descubierto lo que pasaba me
> ha dado unos buenos dolores de cabeza.

Enlace? Que enlance? En debian no hay ningun enlace!

De /usr/doc/X11/README.Debian:

  * The X server to be used by default is not selected by changing a symlink.
    Instead a small wrapper program (/usr/X11R6/bin/X) reads a configuration
    file (/etc/X11/Xserver) to find out which server to run and who is
    allowed to run it.

$ file /usr/X11R6/bin/X
/usr/X11R6/bin/X: setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked, stripped

$ cat /etc/X11/Xserver
/usr/bin/X11/XF86_SVGA
Console

The first line in this file is the full pathname of the default X server.
The second line shows who is allowed to run the X server:
RootOnly
Console      (anyone whose controlling tty is on the console)
Anybody

Fijate en /etc/X11/Xserver, y de ser necesario, instala xbase nuevamente.

						Marcelo