Re: Re: installation d'une debian

>Le Mercredi 3 Mars 2004 13:49, jc a écrit :
>> Salut,
>>
>> J'utilise depuis peu une mepis sur mon portable car impossible
>>  d'installer une debian(blocage du portable) c'est a dire, il est figé lors
>> de l'installation, je suis obligé de l'éteindre, j'ai essayé avec une
>> woody, avec un cd net install, l'installateur de la sarge et rien y fait.
>> Alors que d'autres distrib s'install correctement. En désespoir j'ai
>> installé une mepis qui est a base de debian elle un peu différente, mais
>> elle fonctionne comme une debian. Le blocage est aléatoire, il ne se fige
>> pas toujours au même niveau.
>Oups, j'ai oublié d'indiqué le portable.
>Dell Inspiron 8100 DD 80 go,512 RAM, Geforce 2go, comboDVD,graveurcd, ecran
>15" 1600x1200.

Package: install
Version: http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/i386/beta2/sarge-i386-netinst.iso (13 Feb 2004)
Severity: normal
Followup-For: Bug #228960

I experience exactly the same bug on a Dell Inspiron 8100.

I think the original poster indicated that there is no
floppy drive attached to his system. I *do* have a floppy
drive, but still suffer the same problem.

It is impossible to press ALT-F2 to see what's going on.
CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing. Total freeze!

If I run expert mode install there is still no possibility
to avoid it attempting to load the ide-disk module, even
though an ALT-F2 + dmesg reveals that the kernel can already
see the hard disk! Using expert I am presented with
the chance to add parameters to the ide-disk module, but
not to actually skip it.

I just downloaded the latest installer image from
gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/i386/current/sarge-i386-netinst.iso
(dated 13 Feb 2004) and tried that.

And that works fine!

I post this information in the hope it may googlers.

Alexis Huxley

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux dione 2.4.16 #1 Sat Mar 9 19:04:14 CET 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C

;o)

Bon courage ...