pon probs

hey all

I just did pppconfig, then pon... I get somthing real close to "can't open shared libraries...libpwdb.so.0 ...does not exist... (I
know that's not the exact message, but hopefully its close enough...)  I did an ftp search, and downloaded
libpwb.so.0.54..there's no file extention, so I don't know what it is...think it came off a redhat site or directory..If, indeed, this
is the file or library or whatever that I need, how would I go about putting it where it goes?

Ok, one more really dumb one...is slink going to stay current for a while (2.1) ?
-t