Re: Please reconsider closure of # 457151 -- it affects gfortran transition

Luk Claes wrote:

> The brokenness is in the packages that FTBFS, it was never guaranteed to
> have dependencies installed in any particular order and it really
> shouldn't be.

Maybe not, but it *did* work that way and over time many packages have come
to rely on it. Changing it without prior announcement was not a good thing.
Discovering that it broke things and not changing it back while discussing
the problem is unprofessional behaviour at best.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

"My mind free-associates far too much; I'm going to have to start charging it."