Re: Please reconsider closure of # 457151 -- it affects gfortran transition

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 12:44:21PM -0800, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> 7) If dpkg was reverted not to re-order Build-Depends, I could force
> refblas3gf to be installed first, satisfying the dependency of lapack3gf
> on "atlas3gf-base | refblas3gf | libblas.so.3gf" and preventing the
> attempted installation of non-existent atlas3gf-base.

I think lapack3gf depending directly on atlas3gf-base is the root of the
problem. I would suggest moving atlas3gf-base dependency to recommends.
Thus atlas3gf-base will be pulled onto enduser installations but not
on buildd's (where recommends are not installed).

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups