TL2009 start

Hi everyone,

I have started with 2009, in svn texlive2009/trunk

The idea is that we build 4 source packages the old way
	texlive-base
	texlive-doc
	texlive-lang
	texlive-extra
in which NO binaries, not even binary scripts, are.

Those build the usual binary packages, but they will depend on
	texlive-bin-base
	texlive-bin-lang
	telxive-bin-extra
built from the source pakcage texlive-bin.

For texlive-bin we can make a normal package, without any additional
magic, by just using texlive2009/texlive-bin and put anything necessary
for building there.

What should be done for this texlive-bin package, and if someone can
work on that it would be great:
- work on the stuff in texlive-bin to make it an independent debian
  packages, that means moving over stufff from all/debian/* there
- create somehow an .orig.tar.gz, shold be easy by copying Build/source
  from texlive svn and removing all .svn directories
- use svn texlive2009/trunk/list-of-binaries to create binary packages
  This file contains the list of binaries in texlive in the form:
	binary TAB texlive-package TAB texlive-collection \
		TAB debian-name-of-texlive-colelction \
		TAB debian-src-package-of-that-package
  So for example one has to simply create a binary package
	texlive-bin-base
  which ships all the binaries where the last entry has "texlvie-base"
  (at least that is my idea, if you have a better one let me know)
- check for man pages and post install, probably most stuff should be
  removed.

I will work in the meantime to build packages. I have already succeeded
in building texlive-base source and binary packages, so anyone else can
do the same, if you have a texlive svn checkout:
	perl tpm2deb-source.pl --master /path/to/telxive/svn/Master \
	   make-orig-tar texlive-base texlive-lang texlive-doc texlive-extra
	perl tpm2deb-source.pl --master /ath/to/telxive/svn/Master \
	   make-deb-source texlive-base texlive-lang texlive-doc texlive-extra
and then give it some twist.

What is needed here is:
- add depends on the respective texlive-bin-XXXX package
- good testing

I have no idea if it will work with Frank's changes to tex-common, I
tested it with the version before you reverted some things. As said, I
am still for adding Breaks and not supporting the old language.d. But
that would mean re-reverting the changes you made.

So, I hope that someone can work on that, I will now leave 2008-land and
do not care for it anymore. I don't have anyway a possibility to work
with it since the svn of texlive has been switched to 2009.

LYBSTER (n., vb.)
The artificial chuckle in the voice-over at the end of a supposedly
funny television commercial.