Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE build tex-common and texlive

Thanks, Hilmar, for your answer!

If you want to do the tests yourself, just add

    deb http://alioth.debian.org/~jhr-guest/ TL2007/

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and aptitude update. The packages are not
signed of course and you're doing all that on your own risk. :)

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 06:23:11PM +0100, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> Check the language.dat in /var/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config . It
> should list language german. Further run latex on a minimal file, the
> loaded hyphenation patterns are listed at the beginning of the log.

Works perfectly!

> The font maps are located in
> /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/{dvips,dvipdfm,pdftex}/updmap . Are they
> updated upon installation?

Upon every installation, yes.

> See above. The update must happen upon every (de)installation of a
> font package.

Fonts also, updated as requested.

Norbert, you asked for a log of the installation of texlive-lang-german.
You will find two files at http://alioth.debian.org/~jhr-guest/ named
log and log.timing. You can replay what happened with

    scriptreplay log.timing log

I hope I didn't do any nonsense here. AFAICS it's all good now. :)

Hauke

PS: Packages not all uploaded yet. Please wait at least 30 minutes.