Re: texlive-lang-polish

Hi Robert,

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 11:54 +0100, RJ wrote:
> In the new Debian 5.0 distribution I have got problems with the "qfonts"
> of "texlive-lang-polish" package --- there is no "qtimes.sty". The
> example "testqx.tex" from:
>
> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc/fonts/qfonts
>
> does NOT work for "qtm", "qpl", "qbk", but it WORKS for "qhv", "qcr"
> "qzc".
>
> All this worked fine with the Debian 4.0 distribution.
>
> Could you help to figure out this problem, please.

The Polish TeX user group has started to replace the old q-fonts by
fonts from the TeX Gyre project. However, the license of these fonts
is a bit unfortunate so that it is unclear whether or not the fonts
are suitbalbe for inclusion in Debian. Norbert has made preliminary
packages, though:

deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ tex-gyre/

cheerio
ralf