Re: Latex and utf8

On 2006-03-22T08:25+0100 Frank Küster wrote:
> Or XeTeX:
> http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=XeTeX
> It only produces dvi currently, but it natively supports utf-8 with all
> characters, and OpenType Font features.  It's been developed on the Mac,
> but the Linux port is well on the way (meaning: I've seen it running,
> but there's probably no official release yet).

I trust converting dvi to PDF is straight forward? Though I do like
those little PDF features like hyperlinks et al.

This opentype stuff looks interesting. I've always stuck with the
default font in latex mind.

Does tetex3 use opentype?

On http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenType the "How to install OpenType
fonts with LaTeX" link is broken. :/

Their Korean example does look Apple specific:

\font\kor = "AppleMyungjo Regular" at 16pt
\kor 유니코드에 대해
\bye

XeTeX will need to be a Debian package for me to use it. :)