Re: Compressing pdf documentation - why?

On 17.03.06 Julian Gilbey (jdg@debian.org) wrote:

Hi,

> Just noticed: lots of our PDF-format documentation in
> /usr/share/doc is compressed.  This doesn't really make much sense,
> though, as PDF is usually a compressed format to begin with, so it
> saves little space and makes it harder to read the files.

IIRC we had that discussion already. The result was that the
compressing these pdf documents saves more space than expected. xpdf
provides zxpdf (IIRC) and against the acroread packages was a bug
filed to provide a similar wrapper.

H.
--
If I have to lay an egg for my country, I'll do it.
		-- Bob Hope