Re: Our sarge backports

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 10:26 +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, do you think it would make sense to upload a 'backports' of
> > lmodern or cm-super to backports.org, too? Current lmodern has the
> > advantage that texts with german quotation marks don't lokk completly
> > wrong.
>
> I don't know anything about cm-super

Currently there is no cm-super available for Sarge at all. Since not
having Type 1 fonts available is difficult for the average user to
debug, it would be nice to offer a simple solution for this. ACAICT the
only difficulty would be that a backport of pfb2t1c2pfb would be needed,
too.

> (and we still should be compatible
> with packages not using updmap-sys and old paths, aren't we?),

I think this is still the case. But I don't understand the relation to
the question of 'backporting' lmodern or cm-super.

cheerio
ralf