Re: Regression testing of tetex

On Mit, 15 Mär 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Ic checked in the test-bed item on the top of the svn tree. Maybe you
> > take a look and we start hacking around it...
>
> Do you think that using pdftoppm and comparing the pixel files is the
> way to go?  I guess any internal structure in the PDF gets lost, like

Not necessarily, as I said, start hacking. The dvi checks work, and this
is at least something good, or?

THe pdf checks really have to improved, but the infrastructure is here,
some test files, on which we can start. It is not the end of the story,
but better than nothing we have till now...

> Therefore I think my approach of using real, uncompressed PDF files
> without the changing font and document information might serve us better
> in the long run.

Good idea.

HIGH OFFLEY (n.)
Gossnargh (q.v.) three weeks later.