Re: Regression testing of tetex

Hi,

> > This is a great news; it allows for some workable 'there should be a
> > change only when something should be changed' kind of workflow.
> >
> > Certainly, some sustainable way of scripting the test is really
> > required.
>
> I really would also enjoy a automated test-set of TeX documents,
> preferable independent from tetex and texlive, just a set of documents
> which are present, and versions of the dvi/pdf files as processed by the
> current tetex/texlive packages. and some automatic testing what changes
> when I install a new version.
>
> Wow, that would be something, but unfortunately I don't have the time

If you're already testing your packages at all currently, it's not
too much overhead.

If you aren't running any tests, well that probably tells something
about the current quality of your packages.

Anyway, it's something you build up slowly on while testing your
packages so that you don't have to do the same thing again.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project