Re: kpsewhich unable to fond fmtutil.cnf

Le Mercredi 8 Mars 2006 20:08, Florent Rougon a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Frederic Baldit <frederic38300@aol.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have the following problem in my teTeX installation. (I apologize for
> > posting in this mailing list, but I can't find  any valuable help
> > elsewhere (and I serached in your archive, unsuccessfully)).
> > My problem is: "kpsewhich fmtutil.cnf" doesn't give any answer. I have
> > been told that it SHOULD give the file's path (in a "normal" setup). The
> > file is indeed located in /var/lib/texmf/web2c. The kpsewhich command is
> > used from a makefile file in order to install a shareware latex
> > extension; thus the installation aborts due to the path of fmtutil.cnf
> > not found. The makefile is launched from my  home directory.
> > Could anybody here give me any help to understand what's wrong. Thank's
> > in advance.
>
> The same thing happens here; your installation is probably fine.
> Try instead the following command:
>
>   kpsewhich --format='web2c files' fmtutil.cnf

I knew it works this way, and it works indeed also for me. But, the author of
the shareware told me that it HAD to work without the --format='web2c files'
option. He says that my teTeX install. is somewhere wrong because I have to
add the --format='web files' option to the kpsewhich command. In fact I tried
to change the command in the makefile of the shareware, but it didn't fix the
problem. My real question is : is it true that the behaviour of kpsewhich not
finding the fmtutil.cnf file without being given the --format='web2c files'
option is ABNORMAL ???