Re: tetex-src, doc licenses

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> Looking at remove-nonfreedocs in tetex-base I am not
> sure how it is used. It looks as if one would export the current
> tetex-base tree, call remove-nonfreedocs and then use dpkg-buildpackage,
> right? That way, everything is still in SVN but the nonfree stuff does
> not appear in the orig.tar.gz. Copying remove-nonfreedocs from
> tetex-base to tetex-src and adjusting the lists of files at the top
> should be enough, right?

No, I designed and used it a little differently.  I keep checked out
copies with this layout:

src/Packages/tetex-base/tetex-base-3.0/
src/Packages/tetex-doc-nonfree/tetex-doc-nonfree-<version>/

and call the script from within the tetex-base-3.0 directory.  If the
option --copy is given, it will automatically add the files it removes
to the tetex-doc-nofree tree.  Whether we remove the files from the
tetex-base svn repository doesn't matter much, I guess.

Debian Developer (teTeX)