Re: texi2dvi producing pdf output by default

[Please, Cc: to me, since I am not subscribed to debian-tetex-maint.  Thanx]

* Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2006-01-29 18:47]:

> Yes and no, it's probably because of a buggy test for \pdfoutput in your
> document or one of the files included by it.  In tetex 2.0.2, \pdfoutput
> happened to be undefined in /usr/bin/tex and /usr/bin/etex, and set to 1
> ("true") in /usr/bin/pdf(e)tex, now it's always defined, but set to 0
> (false) if you call it as /usr/bin/latex.  But many buggy documents do
> something like
>
> \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
>
> and force pdf output as soon as it is *defined*.  If you need more help,
> we'd need the problematic document.

Indeed, this is the case.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.  The package
I was trying to build (latex-mk) ships with an old version of texinfo.tex
in the tarball.  When I replace it with a recent one provided by the
texinfo package, I get the output in the DVI format.

Regards,

--
Rafael