Re: (te)TeX recent changes

Bruno Beaufils wrote:

> $ dpkg -l tetex-* cm-super | egrep '^ii'
[...]

Thanks, some aren't the most recent versions, but I dont't think this
matters here.

> $ latex minimal
[...]

This looks fine.

> $ dvips minimal -o
> This is dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
> (www.radicaleye.com)
>' TeX output 2006.01.20:1420' -> minimal.ps <tex.pro>. [1]

Here we have a problem. Normally, there should be

<tex.pro><texps.pro>. <cmr10.pfb>[1]

at the end of the dvips output, telling us that the Type1 font cmr10.pfb
is embedded in the PostScript file. This indicates that there is a
problem with the map files used by dvips.

Please have a look at the setting of dvipsPreferOutline in updmap.cfg,
eg via

egrep '^dvipsPrefer' `kpsewhich --format="web2c files" updmap.cfg`

What is the content of the /etc/texmf/updmap.d directory? Are there any
*.dpkg-new files?

cheerio
ralf