Re: (te)TeX recent changes

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:32 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Whatever I do with this eps logo, acroread always breaks down.
> When I do ps2pdf of the logo and look at the resulting pdf file in
> acroread, it shows the logo, but scrolling eliminates the content and
> the page is not redrawn.

What does AR or pdffonts say about the fonts in this PDF file?

> There seems to be going on something really fishy in the PostScript code
> of the logo, but I am not an expert in this.

Me neither, but what often works is to make (several) transformations.
So after ps2pdf one can go back to EPS with 'pdftops -eps'. As a test,
one could also try 'pdf2ps', but be warned that this will transform all
Type1 fonts to Type3 fonts (only the latest gs versions have a proper
pswrite device).

However, since Bruno has problems with files that do not include this
image, there has to be something else.

cheerio
ralf