Re: debhelper script for maps, languages, formats

Hi Ralf!

On Die, 17 Jan 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> Ok, this makes sense. Can this happen for other formats, too? I guess
> one of the things that confused me was the hardcoded 'latex' where
> build_format_if_format_exists is called. And that it isn't called in the
> 'normal form' right now.

I reworked it and now it is called
	build_hyphen_format_if_format_exists latex `kpsewhich language.dat`
ok, it is still only the latex format, but who know, maybe we add
lambda/aleph etc one time.

> fmtutil.cnf. So maybe you ought to grep for something like
> "^[[:space:]]*$2[[:space:]]".

Done, and I also added comments explaining why we don't use the catcfg
stuff. These comments are removed prior to installation.

> Due to the magic comments this should not happen when packages are
> installed or unistalled. But the local admin can always change the
> config file to shoot in his own foot. I am not sure if one can (or
> should) inhibit this.

We will see...

ZEAL MONACHORUM (n.)
(Skiing term.) To ski with 'zeal monachorum' is to descend the top
three quarters of the mountain in a quivering blue funk, but on
arriving at the gentle bit just in front of the restaurant to whizz to
a stop like a victorious slalom-champion.
                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff