Re: Debian and texdoc

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

>> > BTW, shouldn't mkhtml be executable?  Perhaps you could add something
>> > like this in debian/rules:
>> >   chmod +x mkhtml
>> >   dh_strip --exclude=mkhtml
>> I've played with it, but to really make sense we need some way to
>> integrate documentation found in other TEXMF trees.  And we should use
>> mkhtml.nawk.
>
> So we use mkhtml.nawk first, then sh mkhtml?

No, we don't use it at all - Thomas Esser uses mkhtml.nawk (it's doing
the same as mkhtml, and more), and we use the file he provides.  But I'd
like to create the html index dynamically, I just don't know how to do
it properly.

> I see that .txt or .text files are not included when helpfile.html is
> created, but "man 1 texdoc" refers to "$TEXDOCVIEW_txt" where a text
> viewer can be configured.  So can .txt and .txt.gz be added to the
> list of mkhtml.nawk?  Or is it left out because of MIME (browsers
> might not know what to do with .txt or .txt.gz files)?

I guess it can be added;  I think most browsers can show txt and txt.gz
quite well.  And it has nothing to do with TEXDOCTVIEW_txt, since that
only applies to the command line version of texdoc.